Thursday, October 1, 2009

Not Much in Life is Free Anymore


I went to Shoppers Drug Mart today to buy new mascara only to find out they've discontinued my brand. Probably no big deal for you people with long, luscious eyelashes. But for the eyelash-deprived who depend on a certain brand, this was a BIG deal. I can't use those big clumpy brushes the majority of the population uses - I need a comb type. Revlon made one for years, then they discontinued them. I waited for years for another company to make one, Maybelline finally did, only to discontinue them (I should have known when I kept finding it on sale).

Today, while googling, I found this website - www.well.ca. They had my mascara (and some other great stuff) and even though I wanted to order 10 I only ordered 3 (I was reminded of that Seinfeld episode where Elaine orders a case of her discontinued "sponges" and saves them for "spongeworthy" dates).

The best part is it's based in Canada (Guelph), is in Canadian funds and has FREE SHIPPING. No minimum order either. Sigh....doesn't take much to me happy does it? Check it out!

2 comments: