Tonight I made a pasta recipe I found online and tweaked it a little with some ingredients I had in my fridge. Man, it was good......if you need protein you could add some chicken or shrimp too.
Sorry there's no picture - Leah and I wolfed it down before I could snap one (sorry Dave, none left - maybe next time!)
Here's the recipe:
• 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
• 2 teaspoons olive oil
• 2 cloves minced garlic
• Approx. ½ cup chopped green onions (white & green parts)
• Approx. ½ cup chopped mushrooms
• 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
• 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
• ½ to 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
• Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
• Salt, to taste
• Extra grated parmesan cheese
1. Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
2. Drain the pasta, then use the pot to make the sauce.
3. Heat the olive oil and add garlic to cook for 15-20 seconds. Add green onions & mushrooms and sauté until just tender.
4. Put in the lemon juice and then take the pan off the heat.
5. Add in half the parmesan cheese and half the pepper, followed by half the pasta and half the tomatoes.
6. Stir well.
7. Add in the rest of the pasta, cheese, tomatoes and pepper as well as salt if desired.
8. Mix well again and serve immediately, topping with extra cheese and pepper if you want it.